02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Life hacks// Rambling Han. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Life hacks// Rambling Han.

34 disclaimer:
tons of rambling involved.
just get to the end if you want the life hack and nothing about my life.

:'(

Mood of the day:
meow?
Today started off relatively productive.
with an immense desire for Dome's Vanilla Latte.
Remember i drank it for breakfast on Rapture Day itself and it was glorious.
It didn't even taste bitter or any bit like eww coffee o.o
Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm crave crave.

Anyway, i was too lazy to head down to Maccafe/ Starbucks to get the drink so i ended up making my own double chocolate milkshake. I really wish there are Oreos in the house though :'(
i miss my cookies.

Got my breakfast done and actually sat down at 1030am to do some actual studying all the way till 230pm.
I was so proud of myself for that few minuscule hours.

Unfortunately, my brain decided to flat line exactly at 230.

I'm thinking that it may be the weather, cause it's like the Gobi Desert here.
point is, i spent the next couple of hours (it's 5ish now) lounging on various parts of the house
the couch, the floor, the kitchen....

And did nothing at all.
oh wait, i did want to make some apple streusel cake and had all my ingredients out ready to go.
when i realized.... the damn butter has expired.
T_________________________T

Apparently, EVERY single time i bake some dessert or what not, 
i'll have a missing ingredient.
am i a klutz or a klutz.

I'm serious.
every single time.
And you would think i should have learnt my lesson by now.
I thought so too.

I really did check the pantry T_T
klutzy me.

Sooo anyway, baking didn't work out and gotta wait.
I did make myself a yogurt parfait though.
weeeeeeeeeee.
blueberries are finally in season.


Speaking of food,
parents brought me and my sis out for lunch yesterday.
To this new place called Waterdrop Teahouse at Punggol.
It was gooooooooood.
the potato wedges were to die for.

I mean the whole place was just radiating zen-ity.
Plus the food was light on the stomach, not oily and whatever.
legitimately eating clean yo.


I love potato.
and broccoli.
and tofu.
tofu's my life.
and eggs.

Why do i talk about food all the time.

Oh right, I was kinda wondering what I should blog about cause my life's pretty boring rn.
and i chanced upon some life hacks videos.
Dont get me wrong, those stuff are really cool, but do you actually try them out??
I don't actually try most of it, just saying.

But it got me thinking if there are any lil things that i've kinda been doing that have made my life easier and taaada i came up with... only 3. Thought it would be nice to share it with y'all and maybe you guys can try it?
Cause they actually work.

LIFE-HACKS 101.

1. Lemon (fruits) Infused water.


Untitled


This stuff works wonders. 
I was having a pretty bad breakout the last few days (prob because i've had too much sugar)
so i added a few slices of lemon into my water and my skin cleared the next day (Y)

Not a surprise cause lemons flush toxins out of the body and are high in Vitamin C, which your body is deprived of when stressed/studying.
Lemons are brain food too so yay, plus it makes water actually taste like something...
Oh and fun fact, Lemons actually help to alkalize your digestive system.
i've no idea what's the science behind but it's cool, since it's (ironically?) so acidic in nature.

I sound like a nutritionist. Geeky, but i did my research.

2. THE 2-MINUTES RULE
(found this on huffingtonpost.com)

If you have something to do that takes less than 2 mins, do it now!

I found that by following this lil simple rule i actually got A LOT more crap done than i expected myself to.
Eg, washed the dishes in a min, tidied my bed etc etc...

and challenging myself to finish the task in say 2 mins, did kind of entertain me for a bit.
#justsaying.

Also, the 2 minutes rule gets you STARTED on whatever daunting task you may have.
It sort of breaks things up so it's easier to do.

For instance, you guys know how much i hate math.
But i still have to get Vectors done with and i've procrastinated for... Months now so the other day i gave myself 2 minutes to read through a couple pages of the tutorial.
And another 2.
And before i knew it, the 2 minutes became 2 hours and somehow or rather i finished all the questions in 3 days.
3 days when i procrastinated for like what 3 months???

#truestory.
i actually think vectors isn't that bad after all.
hahaha.

no but really, try the 2 min rule.
worked for me, maybe it'll work for you?

3. Cupcake etiquette. 

This, changed my life.


Is that not a genius idea.
I've no idea who invented it but it's BRILLIANT.
and im only so enthusiastic about it because i've been eating so many of it wrongly.

You get both the FROSTING and the CAKE in a bite.
is that not heaven in your mouth.

Plus i always end up having frosting on my nose.
problem solved.

There you go, my 3 life hacks that i now swear by.
hope it entertained you all.
and i'll go get my life sorted out.
ciao.






Labels:

35 36 37 38