34
Finally caught The Fault In Our Stars in the cinema yesterday with madeline.
Was honestly a little hesitant about the movie at first, cause everyone is just raving about it and was just afraid if it's disappointing compared to the book.
I bawled through the show T_T
which surprised me, cause i thought that since I didn't cry for most part of the book, the movie wouldn't be so sad y'know?
wrong.
The thing with the movie isn't that it's particularly moving or anything like The Notebook and such.
I think it's more of how the audience is able to relate to it.
How do i put it hm.
The movie/novel portrays as Hazel Grace says, the truth, about death and being sick and love and everything.
It doesn't sugar coat it in any way.
What really got me was how the characters reflected people whom i actually know in my life,
and i think that really got the tears running.
Watching my friends get diagnosed with cancer out of the blue,
it was as if re-living the entire scene all over again.
A little silly for me to pay to be sad I guess.
On the other hand, I did really enjoy the movie.
It was a form of relieve for me, I think.
I don't think many of you will understand where i am coming from,
but death is traumatic.
Watching so many people disappear from my life in the past 2 years was horrible.
It still is.
And the worst part is not being able to cry after that and you just have to suck it up inside.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that anyone is stopping me from grieving or whatever.
It's just that after the funeral ends, people just want to move on and just... survive y'know?
And I honestly don't think i've the right to be upset when others who probably are having it so much worse, are staying strong.
It's unfair for me to break them down too.
so i don't.
I guess all of it poured out when watching the movie.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's still grieving the loss of a loved one though...
It's just not worth it to relieve the anguish again >_<
-major spoilers below-
The entire scene, when Hazel Grace was asleep and the house phone rang in the middle of the night, and she couldn't hear what her parents were saying but that very moment just hit me in the gut.
And for a moment i couldn't breathe.
It reminded me of the far too many times,
when the house phone rang in the wee hours, and I just knew, just knew deep in my gut that it happened, even before my parents pick up the phone.
So much so that when they break the news, it was precisely like how it was on the screen,
we just sat down and cried.
and cried.
I honestly have developed a fear/paranoia of wee-hour(s) phone calls.
The other scene, was when Augustus broke down.
And Hazel said something, about how she wished she could say that he was a brave one, and kept his humor to the end, but that didn't happen.
It's true.
It happens.
I feel terrible, but when xc was ill and i heard of how the medicine was messing her up emotionally,
i just couldn't bring myself to visit her.
I feel terrible for that.
I really do.
I really wish I had the guts, but i didn't.
I wanted to keep the impression that I had of her in my head, and i didn't want to change it.
It was oblivion, i guess.
I wanted to remember her as a fighter, her bubbly personality, the humorous side of her.
I couldn't bring myself to face a complete different her, and for that i'm really sorry.
again, there wasn't anyone i could tell this to without hurting others so i didn't.
guess the movie brought it up, again.
Okay besides all the crying though,
please watch the movie for the super smooth Augustus Waters.
He is so smooth i don't even know how.
got the entire cinema laughing at his cheesiness and smoothness.
(Y)
(:
Overall, i would give it a 8/10,
because i could understand the plot and really relate to the characters.
and because it has an awesome soundtrack playlist.
I thought the acting was not thaaaaaat fantastic as I had expected,
but the plot brought it over so that was okay.
Oh the not so nice part is that almost everyone has read the book,
so it's a lil too predictable for my liking.
but, it's still good (:
Not too sure if i'll rewatch it again, cause too much feels, but it's a good romance comedy sort of?
maybe it'll replace my "when i need to cry" movie haha.
So yeahp, here's my two cents on tfios!
P.S Math mock test tomorrow for 3 hours again x.x hopefully i can actually make use of all 3 hours??