Today i woke up realizing that exam starts in a week,
and im nowhere near done with revision.
i've barely even started.
I had a little freak out session of my own but then i paused i thought for awhile.
Isn't there more to Life than worrying about good grades?
The question got me thinking hard.
Isn't good grades merely just to get us a degree of some sort to get a proper job?
Is life really all about working then?
I do understand that we need some money to at least survive and all but with this current society it just doesn't make sense cause at the end of the day probably half of the Singaporeans will have a university/ Masters degree of some sort.
And then what?
Perhaps it's just me and my own experiences from the past year or so, but just so YOU know, you may not actually live till you're 60 or something aye?
For all you know tomorrow or a minute later may be your last moment on Earth.
No, im not cursing anyone or whatever.
I'm just.... being realistic i guess.
And reality is often ugly.
sadly.
All i know is that i don't want to spend my Life just worrying about grades and earning big bucks.
I feel as if the world today cares way too much on all these material needs and money and degrees and idk what else.
I mean as im sitting here typing and considering my college degree,
I really don't quite get the point of me being here.
Frankly speaking, maybe i'm here just because i've submitted the exam fees.
I know that what I want to do in University probably has nothing to do with math or econs for that matter.
Heck, im not even too sure if i know what i want to do in Uni.
My ambition, (besides opening a cafe) is to be a children's book author.
or illustrator.
or a lifestyle blogger.
and the closet i get to a proper proper job may be a child psychologist?
something along that line.
nothing econs, nothing math, nothing too lit.
Maybe scrap lit from the list cause as Mr Ck says
"Lit is Life, and Life is Lit."
Am i doing poorly in Lit so i'm doing poorly in Life??
:O
Jokes aside.
You get me right?
I was honestly thinking of this half way through my vectors II tutorial and I closed the book and took a bus down to my Grandma's house.
There is more to Life than writing equations on paper.
I know studying is a necessity of some sort (to say the least) but it's not the Most Important thing ever.
We're only 18 once in our lifetime.
It's sick to be spending the entire year in books y'know.
I am well aware that this may be just my immature opinion and I haven't truly thought about the consequences of what i said but it's just what I think at the moment.
I guess my point is that we shouldn't be so caught up with making a living that we forget how to live.
Feel free to comment/tell me what you think of what i've said?
Open my perspective for a bit and see what my lil brain has missed out on.
Anyway, perhaps my grades may suffer for the few hours i spent at my Grandma's place today but I wouldn't regret it a single bit.
Everything's temporary, and it's all about priority.
It was nice hanging out with my Grandma and aunts and that little cousin of mine.