02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: A piece of something from before: 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A piece of something from before:

34
I found this piece of writing hiding in my drafts folder. It was written a couple of months back, some time that feels quite long ago.
Nevertheless, i guess it's still something. I'm quite amazed by the capacity of feelings that i could hold. 

I didn't quite have the guts to post it back then but now seems like a nice time.

A little memory penned down in words.

"What it feels like when I see you :

The insides of me go squishy jelly
A heat rises within right up to my cheeks where it flushes and reddens into a slight pink.

I subconsciously alternate between pressing my lips tight together and biting my lower lip as whatever worry was previously on my mind a moment ago vanishes and my mind just goes absolutely blank.



Just like that.


All that is in my horizon is you,
All 1.83 metres built of you.
From the broad shoulders that carried me once when we were in the middle of the streets, right down to your long strides that won me every time we raced around the park before collapsing into a heap of laughter.

I find myself gravitating towards you,
And in those 10 long seconds, I know not if my steps became two or if your two steps became one because the gap got closer and you are right ahead in front of me.

Do I run up and say hi?

And for that very moment, thoughts became phantoms and i took the plunge and did what i wanted to do-

I wanted to talk to you.

Before I knew it, the words escaped from my lips; like a little kid running to the icecream palour, like a crushing girl that really wants an explanation, like a friend that wants to keep another friend, like a person that is grasping on to whatever is left of us.

Hey.    "


Labels: ,

35 36 37 38