02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: the time i watched Up and bawled (#litstudent) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

the time i watched Up and bawled (#litstudent)

34


Now showing: Up!


Rewatched this movie tonight and man did it hit me right in the feels.
this is going to sound rather geeky but I realize that studying lit has really expanded my mind,
such that i get different ideas each time i have a piece of literature.

For instance, this very movie.

The first time i watched it was a year plus plus ago i believe.
and back then I really enjoyed the storyline and the animation of the film.
also, it got me crying within the first 15 mins.

Today, I rewatched it and it got me crying within the first 15 minutes and subsequently the entire movie.
#thefeels.
it's as if im watching the film for the first time all over again as I kind of get bits and pieces of what i suppose is "the meaning behind the film" or what the film is trying to portray.

It's a lovely film.
really heartwarming.

If any of you are interested, here's my lil two cents on what I got out from it.

"That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most."

Russell said this, and y'know when you think about it,
sometimes it really is the little mundane things that you end up missing the most.
simply because it has been entrenched in your life so much so that when it is absent, you really realize the value of it to you.

"It is just a house."

Carl realises that things have changed, and at the end of the day what he has been trying so hard to preserve such as his house, the furniture etc. no longer holds any value as it is susceptible to damage.
the house is transient, but home is not.
and home is where his family is, which he realizes is with Russell and Doug after Ellie passed away.

Again, it is a reminder to me at least, that things change.
and sometimes holding on to the past will only form a burden on your shoulders,
and as time passes it will hold you down just like how the house held Carl down.
relieving yourself of the burden will eventually allow you to be happy, while the memories will stay as they are, just mere memories in your head/heart.


okay that's all i've to say about the film today.
i've plenty else to think and ponder about.

ciao. 35 36 37 38