It's a new year, a clean slate, another 365 days for us to get our shit together.
A new year of new experiences,
new beginnings.
I tried coming up with some newyear resolutions but we all know how it goes,
we come up with a whole bunch of ambitious goals which we all know too well it wouldn't last for more than a month.
Hence i thought that perhaps i should just go with the flow,
and come up with some possible goals that i can actually commit to in 2015.
First of which is to stop losing bobby pins.
the struggle is real.
As for my second NY resolution,
it's rather cheesy and a cliche but I'm going to commit to being myself in 2015.
I know, i know, it sounds silly but I felt that I haven't been completely 100% Hanjing in the past year.
There was a point in time when I thought that being myself was a weakness, and i belittled myself and brought myself to an all time low.
I felt that speaking out loud here, expressing my feelings to others and basically being emotional was a weakness and a burden, not just to me, but to others.
But then i realised hey, i am an emotional person.
and that's just how i function.
Keeping it in made me extremely prone to crying at the slightest of things,
movies, books, you name it.
and it was exhausting.
very very exhausting.
So yeah,
I realised that i should simply just be myself.
all 100%, 163/4cm of myself.
its' okay to cry, to laugh, to fart even,
and just yknow love myself.
Emma Watson once said that a key to life is to not give it all away.
Which i realise is rather true because some people will then to be unappreciative of your existence,
but it's not good to not give any away as well.
Sharing is caring for a reason.
I suppose sharing is part of my forte which is why i'm always sharing my life here with y'all.
I really hope you guys are reading this because somehow you are concerned with my life and how i'm doing and Avengedfairytales doesn't bore you too much.
(:
Just an update on my life:
I ended 2014 with a big bang (literally) on the streets with my hilarious friends watching fireworks go off.
and we drank starbucks instead of alcohol.
it was fun.
Also, I had my first day of work at Shu Umera today!!!
I'm working there as a part time beauty stylist which holycrap is a lot more stressful than i thought.
Shu is some legit brand, and no I never realized how crazy expensive it can get.
It is however a rather cool experience as I got to play around with all the really high high high freaking end products.
My actual shift is next week and i'm gonna be all alone managing the store so that's gonna be an experience...
I had a crash course today and man it was like first day of school all over again.
But definitely more interesting than math.
I was honestly quite intimidated by the customers today as they are all the rich taitais and affluent people in Singapore and are expecting top notch service but hopefully i can charm my way around them
><
Oh oh oh, and my family tried this veg Indian restaurant called Gokul and
holy crap IT WAS SO GOOD???!
fyi i've never had indian food.
but i really enjoyed it!
Pardon the lack of photos,
it is too much of a hassle but i'll try to the next blog post.