There's something so unexplainable about dreams that make it seem almost magical and unnerving all at once.
Falling asleep is in fact just you entering into another world,
a world that is actually a lot scarier than reality because there are no boundaries.
When you're dreaming, your deepest fears come alive and you're left helpless and vulnerable as you're subjected to the whims of whatever chemical reaction that's responsible of these dreams.
The scary thing about dreams however doesn't just come in the form of monsters or situations you wish will never happen to you.
Sometimes,
the scariest part of a dream is when you open your eyes and realize that "it was just a dream".
It is the moment when you blink for a couple of times till the blackness fades away and it subconsciously dawns upon you that reality disappoints, quite a bit.
It stings a little but you brush it off anyway, and get off your bed but the dream casts a grey cloud over your day anyhow.
Dreams can be scary sometimes.
Then again, aren't scary dreams known as nightmares?
hm.
For the last couple of days i've actually dreaded going to bed because somehow I am constantly dreaming and I really don't like it.
I do not like what I can't control, and maybe that's a bit of my bossiness kicking in here,
but it sucks to feel vulnerable even when it's in something so intangible as a dream.
Haha, thanks for reading.
it's 1132pm and i really don't know where this post is going but i wanted to ramble so hello.
Strange things happened today.
Today is a strange day.
I bickered with my mum earlier on in the day over power/control of the kitchen,
(she had issues with me cooking and messing up the kitchen)
and while i was still munching over my self cooked lunch,
it struck me how ridiculous it is to be quarreling with my mum over.. a kitchen and its accused dirty stove top.
so i went over to my mum and apologized since well... her house, her rules.
Yeahp, so that was me reevaluating my life.
As in, c'mon am i really at that point of life to be arguing with anyone over a kitchen.
Okay I also got partially willingly dragged into some beauty boutique by some Caucasian who was trying to sell skin care products to me.
The strange part comes 5 mins later when I found myself in the middle of a conversation revolving around western vs Chinese values as well as him questioning the roots of my ethnicity.
also that i kept saying "pardon?" because i couldn't quite get his New Zelander (?) accent.
And then a few hours later I found myself seated by the road side in a neon green vest straining my eyes and copying car licence plates.
Did i also mention that i appeared as if i was on corrective work order?