34
I haven't been to the theatres in quite a while cause Nise scared me about some supernatural shit when people watch movies alone.
But I was craving a film yesterday night, so with a cup of chocolate milk in my hand, i streamed the romantic comedy that I was dying but kinda apprehensive to watch, "Begin Again".
My oh my, I never thought i'll have a film that will kick lotr off the first spot on my movie list but I think this did it.
It's no hidden secret that i'm a sucker for romance and girly things, but most romantic comedies/ films do not make the cut for me because they're simply too... cheesy.
There is a fine line between being realistically sweet and being fairytale crazy and most romance films tend to be very predictable and just too much cheese for two human beings in a 2 hour show.
Begin Again however is an equally light hearted but kinda down film with just an element of love and romance inside.
It's nothing that i've ever quite watched before and I loved it.
Also, the ending was perfect and wasn't quite what I expected.
In most rom/rom com films that I've watched, you can always sort of predict if the girl and the guy would y'know fall back in love or dies or something.
But for this movie, there is that tinge of apprehension that parallels to real life when it comes to the ending-
[SPOILER ALERT; SKIP THIS PART IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW]
Gretta's hesitation as she considers Dave's apology makes her character a lot more realistic as she wasn't an extremist in outright rejecting him nor did she run back into his arms immediately on to stage. Her conflicting desire to be back together with Dave who hurt her but cautiousness made her very real and relatable. I thought that the film leaving out the part if she's back together with Dave or not was very clever as it portrayed how relationships and trust is a complex thing that cannot be easily resolved and figured through in a short period of time. The sense of hope and optimism is infused in the ending however, with Gretta not finding peace and fulfillment in her relationship with Dave but rather with herself and her music. Oh and I loved the fact that nothing romantic developed between Gretta and Dan because that will be just too much of a cliche and would have spoiled everything.
GOOD JOB JOHN CARNEY.
[END OF SPOILER]
I really loved the show, and yes it did hit me in the feels real bad, (I was crying like a mess)
but it really shouldn't make you cry too bad haha.
I am an emotional person with lots of feelings running in my arteries.
Not veins because veins expels out the toxic in the blood but my feelings are not running out of me man.
Oh and before I forget, I love this movie for two more reasons.
1) KEIRA KNIGHTLY and ADAM LEVINE from Maroon 5 are in it.
2) AMAZING SOUNDTRACK
Please go watch it.
I think i'm gonna buy the DVD later on.
Other movies that I've recently watched in the comforts of my home would be Walking On Sunshine which is a very good musical turned movie.
and the classic White Chicks.
That's all for now, off to yoga class!
ciao.
35
36
37
38