02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Is it tough being a vegetarian? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Is it tough being a vegetarian?

34


Is it tough being a vegetarian?

Nope, the diet part isn't actually difficult at all.

I can run, dance and function just as well as any other human being.
Not consuming meat doesn't deter me physically in any way.
Well, in all honesty I think I am relatively fitter or just as fit as an average teenage girl.

What makes being a vegetarian challenging at times however, isn't the diet itself but the non-vegetarians that I face or the "green-haters" as i call them.

Sometimes/Many a times (I can't decide which), I find myself in a conversation with the Green Haters and for some strange reason, they love to discuss about my choice of diet in a condescending and pitying tone.
While this goes on, they never fail to provide comments that are simply offensive on so many levels.

Classic Examples include

"Ew is this vegetarian?" when I offer to share my food.

and then there's the "Everything here is shit. It's all vegetarian."

funny gif animated GIF


I mean c'mon, did you leave your manners in bed when you woke up this morning or were they never there?

I get that some of you are carnivores but that doesn't mean you should diss my diet in front of me.
Not cool, human.

Also, YO IF I SHARE MY FOOD, I AM BEING MS. GENEROUS.
you better appreciate that stuff.
the food i cook is highly in demand alright, pft.

Okay condescending insults aside, I really hate it when people do the whole "pitying" or "belittling" thing on me.

I do not think that Vegetarians are weak, in any way.

And just so you know, Ellen DeGeneres and Brad Pitt are Vegetarians as well and they're looking pretty damn fine.

If anything, I should think that vegetarians deserve to be respected because tell me now, how many of you can really give up your plate of chicken rice/sashimi and steak for the love and compassion for animals?

And don't get me started if your rhetoric to this is that

"Even if I don't eat them, someone else will"

We all jolly well know the theory of Demand and Supply.

When there's a demand, there will be a supply.

Even I who failed economics during prelims know that theory.


Look, I don't blame you guys for not being on the same page with me on Vegetarianism here, really.
Neither do i think that meat eaters are inferior in any way.
All I'm asking for is mutual respect as a basic human being.

I don't go all like
"Ew there's meat in there" when my friends offer me food.

I say "sorry, there's meat in there... but thanks for offering!"
and I really mean it.
Sorry that I have to reject your offer but I appreciate your thought.

See, that's nice isn't it.

I don't go around looking down on people who consume meat so what gives YOU the right to sneer in my face and mock my choices?

I am not missing out on anything.

It is against my moral compass and while "missing out",
I saved another animal's life.

How's that considered missing out?



There are things that can be joked about but jokes aren't jokes when it concerns things that matter to the individual

You don't joke about death at a funeral,  do you?

Friends don't joke about things that matter either.

And if you're my friend, please don't harp on or try to einfore your "Meat is damn good" and "Vegetarians are weak" jokes or ideals on me because I will kick your ass.

lord of the rings animated GIF
.
Or i'll unfriend you on Facebook and kick you out of my life.

Ass or life, you decide.

perfect animated GIF


Whew, finally got that out of my system.
You guys know how I don't usually get MAD MAD at people...
But sometimes it actually gets a little tricky being the minority here, so dear friends please don't make it trickier for me will you?

Actually maybe it's just me because both my siblings got to have veg food throughout their schooling life.

I wouldn't say that the diet is tough or challenging as it is a lifestyle and I love it.

Also, vegetarians don't only eat veggies. There are plenty of mock meats available in the market but yours truly here loves a plant based diet and those gluten stuff make me feel extremely full.
I like my greens.

I enjoy eating clean and light meals because they keep me going while leaving room for my desserts.
And you know me, I eat a lot of cake.

It's the way I enjoy my life so yeah,
you may not be able to understand it but at least respect it yeah?

My life, my choices
let's just leave it at that (:

Thanks for reading.
Ciao!

P.S I did a Q&A in a blog post last year about my diet as well. It's a lot friendlier and err calmer, so click here if you are interested! :)

Labels:

35 36 37 38