02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: My two cents on love and the V. day. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My two cents on love and the V. day.

34

Since it's Valentine's Day tomorrow and it seems unavoidable everywhere I go (even my sis is going out with her friend tomorrow) I thought well, why not just join in the fun and write a blog post.

I was pretty hesitant about blogging anything about 14th February at first, but I thought about it for while and I realize there are many couples (friends and family) around me that I adore, and this day is for them. 
So here's my little two cents (or half a cent) about Valentine's Day for all you lovebirds out there.
Have a wonderful day with your loved one (:

I was reading the papers the other day on some V.Day special column, and came across this quote.

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness- and call it love--- true love."
-Robert Fulghum

Doesn't that make you go "awww" a little bit?


I was telling Nise this the other day, about how crushes and friendships and love begin when you suddenly realize how the other person just seems to get you and you find all these similarities between you and the person that it scares you a little and makes you wonder if there's possibly something or anything between you two.

It's the "omg... are we telepathic?" from the beginning that makes your brain go into overdrive. The funny thing is that there's probably an equal number of differences as the similarities that you've listed but you don't quite see them because y'know what they say, love is blind.


"The right person is still gonna think the sun shines out of your ass" ~ Quote from Juno

Out of your ass, you hear me?

Okay actually I don't think they really mean it when they say love blinds you.
Love really shouldn't make you blind.
If anything, true love should make you see everything clearly.
So clearly that you know see all the imperfections in the person,
and all the good traits as well,
but you love them anyway.
And you accept each little bit of it.

True love isn't blind.

Love just appears to be blind to others because they notice all the flaws in the person and they do not understand how you can love him/her so they simply think that you are blind.
But for you my friend,
you do see all of these flaws and you love the person anyway.

That, to me is true love.

If other people can appreciate all the flaws in the person, then it wouldn't be you in love, it would be them wouldn't it?


That's what i think anyway.

It's just like how a mother will always love her child no matter how screwed up he may be or even when he abuses her.
It's sad from our point of view and almost crazy if we think about it,
but she loves him all the same because he is her child.

That's it,
he is her child.
and she loves him.

No matter how screwed up he may be,
no matter if society thinks he should be jailed away,
she loves him.

Barney Stinston who is unable to settle down with any woman eventually finds true love,
in his own child.
"Love is giving, not taking"

I think that when someone is truly in love,
all that is in his/her head will be to provide, give and share.

You give someone you love a present, 
not because you want an exchange of gifts,
but because you want to put a smile on his/her face.

The receiving part really comes when someone else loves you.
And it shouldn't be an obligatory "take and give back" kind of situation.
When someone gives you something, i think it's only right for us to take a moment and appreciate as well as really understand the value of the action.
And if you feel touched and loved in any way,
it's nice to spread the love to others.

Hence the reason why people give back to society etc.

Okay i'm really scaling off topic but I hope you see where I am coming from.
Don't just buy somebody a gift because he/she bought you one.
Give them something because you really and truly want to.
I think it makes gifts more special and less commercialized that way.

Oh and since it's valentine's day tomorrow,
perhaps some of you are thinking of buying flowers for your loved one.
I think it's really sweet because i love flowers and all things natural, but I suppose it is more practical to consider if your significant other will appreciate it or not.

Some girls do, some don't.
Some guys do, most don't.

Whatever you choose to do, just really think through what he/she actually likes and don't just buy something because you feel the need to.
It's cheesy but I think the best gift is still time, so yeah make time for each other.

Haha, I probably sound like some wanna be relationship therapist right now but just take whatever I say with a handful of salt.

Some if not most of these things are really just lessons that I've learnt the hard way,
and it's strange but oddly true how you only figure these things out only after a relationship ends.
But i suppose that's how the world works and I hope some of you can relate to it or understand whatever i've been going on about.

As i said earlier, I talk/write a lot sometimes but I don't even know if half of them are really of use or correct.
There's no right or wrong anyway,
so just take this entry as what little advice an almost 19 year old girl sitting by her desk can offer you.

Before I go,
here's a really lovely song that I came across on Spotify.
The lyrics are just so raw and something about it just makes it sound like confessional poetry or something.

happy valentine's day.

Labels:

35 36 37 38