02
03
Seeing life from the other end.: Yoga and Sun.
04
05
15
16
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
31
32
33
34
I had my first yoga class yesterday.
and ohmygosh, if you ever thought that yogis (people who do yoga) are merely flexible,
you thought wrong.
so wrong.
I discovered that my aunt practiced yoga when I was on Facebook
so I started talking to her about it and she decided to teach me yoga.
I'm not close to this aunt at all and uhm I suppose it is really our first proper convo since she married into the family.
Anyway, she went through some of the basic moves with me which surprisingly made me break into a sweat in minutes.
I've done a bit of yoga on my own from videos but man, I think I did everything wrongly/too lightly on my own.
Within the first few minutes of the "routine", I was doing or at least attempting to do, proper pushups.
Yknow, the ones with you elbows stuck to your sides, triceps burning kind.
Also, she adjusted many of my "poses" and I almost toppled over so many times because I lacked the core strength and arm strength.
By the end of the one hour session, I was burning and sore in a really cool way.
Cool is probably the wrong word, but it was definitely different.
I've never stretched my muscles so much before, not even in dance class.
And I discovered many more muscles in places that I never knew existed before.
It was fun haha.
So, yoga is going on to my commitment list, and I hope i can make it stay.
though there were moments in between when I was just dying to stop and just curl into child's pose forever.
As for today,
headed to the gym with xin and had a pretty intense arms and abs session...
and then we went to the pool to tan.
Yeah you heard me right.
I intentionally went to tan.
If you know me, you know I'm like a vampire in JC.
Any bit of sun and i'll be hiding away.
Ugh there's really only one reason for that:
i've had 4 years of sun almost everyday back in military band.
I don't want skin cancer man.
But, because I got a really bad tan line from Sentosa two weeks ago
 |
| POOR CLOTHING DECISION. |
and one of my new year dresses has a gorgeous cut out at the back,
yeah i have to get rid of the tanline asap.
Xin and I sat under the sun for an hour or two??
It was noon heat.
Can you imagine.
But we had a good talk and I have sort of a more even tan now,
(at least I'm trying to convince myself that)
but damn, the tan line is NOT BUDGING.
ugh.
I don't suppose it would have right...
But i had to try anyway.
:(
As of right now,
I'm waiting for my relatives to come over since it's new years eve.
and i feel very burnt.
and dehydrated.
Needless to say, i'll be hiding in the shades and sunblock for the next few months until I get over the sun damage again.
As for my new year's dress...
I'm just gonna brave my swimmer's tan line.
Haha, don't get me wrong,
I do actually like my tan.
As in I think being tan looks more healthy and tone y'know?
but I dislike UV rays, getting burnt and potential skin cancer.
Go figure.
I suppose i should appreciate my skin more since people are splurging bucks all over the world to get half my tan.
Lol i get it for free once I step under the sun.
And it lasts for months.
Alright, gonna go paint my nails for the new year.
have a great time with your family!
Happy lunar new year.
35
36
37
38