I'm not sure if you've heard but next week's MEAT FREE WEEK!
This movement is unfortunately based in UK as well as Australia but not in Singapore, yet. :'(
However,
I'm still advocating you guys to jump in and take up the MEAT FREE CHALLENGE next week.
This really isn't about changing your diet forever and going all leafy green but rather, it's a form of encouragement or well a show of support for going eco-friendly and being a responsible human for our stay on Earth.
As you all may already know, the food industry today wastes an extreme amount of produce.
1/3 of the world's cereal harvest is fed to farm animals. Enough to feed 3 billion people.
Also, if you're not aware of it already, most of your dinner actually comes from factory farmed animals.
Factory farmed animals are severely mutilated and the factories are completely unethical in the way that they rear and slaughter the animals.
Factory farmed animals endure mutilation with no anesthetic - teeth pulled out, tails & beaks sliced off
The horror of it is often ignored by us humans, but is this really the right thing to do?
Sure I advocate going completely green, but if that's too big of a lifestyle change for you, I would really still hope that you are at least AWARE of what lands on your plate and goes into your stomach as well as where it came from.
If you insist on eating meat, at least be responsible for where they came from.
It is because of the proliferation of meat consumption that has caused farmers to switch from traditional farming practices where animals are treated as actual FARM ANIMALS, to factory production where they simply become FARM MEAT, and suffer through tremendous unethical practices such as non anesthesia and rough handling.
Breeding without any feeling and concern for the animals is truly the worst form of abuse and it's absolute disgusting human behavior.
Feeling like you're entitled to abuse a helpless creature just because you are capable of it isn't a heroic act at all.
So please my friends, I do hope you will join me next week for Meat Free Week.
To encourage this, I will be posting a couple of vegan/vegetarian restaurants and cafes in Singapore that you can try out and just take the week to be a responsible Earthling (:
If you need any recommendations or any help, feel free to send me a text or comment below.
I'm gonna try to cook up a feast of some sort and maybe hold a small dinner gathering with my friends but you can just drop me a text/email (yes i still use email) if you want to have a veg meal or want to discuss about the topic!
Meat Free Week would be from 23rd March till 29th March, which I will now shamelessly announce that the last day coincides with my birthday.
So y'know, it would be a wonderful gift and I would truly truly truly appreciate it if you would take on the challenge and go green for the week.
The best present would be supporting alongside with me for what I love yes?
To participate in this modified Sg version of Meat Free Week:
1. Ensure that you are ready to commit to this diet for a week. Aka, stock up on your food and veggies! Or at least your list of veggie places to eat at. Or, just leave out the meat for your usual meal and sub in something else!
2. On 23rd March, Meat Free Week begins and simply snap a photo of your meat-free meal of the day and post it on to any social media, Instagram perhaps, with the hashtag #meatfreeweek or #MFW.
3. PRESS ON ALL THE WAY TILL 29TH!
4. It is a really nice way to encourage each other along the week when you get to see what others are having and they are sources of inspiration as well (: There are plenty of insta-worthy veg food accounts around out there and I'm gonna be reposting many of their photos so wait and see!
yeah, hope you guys will join along!
(:
In the mean time, I'm gonna be working my ass off selling lappys.
Hahaha yes, I do that now.
(for the time being)
But that's for another time, I'll update you guys about it soon.