02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: The first step is always the hardest to take. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The first step is always the hardest to take.

34 I've been seriously considering to intern for a publishing company ever since As ended.
However each time I go to the website and look at their requirements, my heart beat starts accelerating and my palms go clammy.

Rambling here may be a little daunting from time to time especially when I'm writing something raw and almost confessional-like, but writing actual pieces for an actual firm an having them critic my work is a whole different ball game altogether.

It's like playing with those squishy balls when you're young versus rugby.

It's not the same.

I am supposed to submit relevant stories that I've written but I really don't know which are worthy enough to be read.

All this time, I've simply did what I do best- I feel, and I write.

That's really it.

This whole blog has been based on that.

I write about my feelings.

But is a publishing firm actually keen in what a 19 year old with a lot more feelings than it shows, has to say?

I'm not so sure.

Then again, I'll never know if I do not try, will I?

Oh friends, you guys know that I can be a doormouse sometimes- being timid and afraid of everything.
But I'm really scared this time.
I'm afraid that the email that sends out of this black machine that I'm typing on will not hear from anyone.
The coldest reply would be not a reply at all.

And I'm afraid that rejection might blow out my dream once and for all.
A dream that actually seems tangible when it is in my head.
Yet, the irony is that it will forever be JUST a dream if I do not try.

The first step is always the hardest to take.

So, try my friends.

Be the braver one between the two of us and risk it all.

See, writing is therapeutic.
Perhaps I will be a daredevil and (jump) write in.

Let us all throw ourselves out there into the wind, like kites on a summer holiday.
But remembering to fasten ourselves to a flimsy thread, just so that if all else fails, and the weather turns bad,
we will be grounded, 
by a flimsy white thread.


35 36 37 38