02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: "You are going to hell." 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

"You are going to hell."

34
A conversation with Crystal, 10 years old, a girl that I tutor.

"Do you go to church?"
"Nope, I don't."
"Oh, then are you from Buddhism?"
"Nope."
"Where do you go to? "
"I go to a temple."
"But you can't go to heaven..."
"You think so?"
"Yeah... You are going to hell." 
"Why?"
"Because they say people who don't believe in God goes to Hell."
"But I believe in God, Crystal. I believe in Jesus too."
"Oh."
"But what are you? Christian, Buddhist or Catholic or what?"
"Everything, Crystal. I believe in everything."
"Oh."
-Her face gets clouded in confusion-
"Hey, let's get back to this math question now."

I left the question unasked, hanging in the room.

Do you still think I will go to Hell?

Labels:

35 36 37 38