It has been awhile since I've been here and I miss pressing the keys on this lappy and having this one sided convo with y'all.
Okay firstly, I want to thank all of you for supporting Avengedfairytales and for coming back to read what little I have to offer. I never ever thought that there will be people who will want to read/listen to what I have to ramble since well, I started a blog (a loooong time ago) mainly because I thought what I had to say wasn't quite worth for others to listen to.
But all that has changed and as I grew and Avengedfairytales evolved alongside (much like a pokemon) over the past couple of years. I'm really glad that you guys enjoy reading what I write and hopefully I'll continue to churn out good pieces of writing from my own life that you guys can relate to.
Hehe, Nise claims that I've established a fanbase here over the past few years but I don't think so lah.
I wouldn't call y'all fans or anything of that sort. But of course I am very honoured and flattered when people tell me that they've read my blog/a piece of writing I did here. Hahahah, believe it or not each time I post here, it still feels as if I'm talking to myself/just the virtual world. It doesn't quite register that there are real people like you who are willing to read my stuff haha. Thanks guys (:
Now for a proper update.
It has been a very eventful week!
Besides the usual tuition classes that i have, I got to do a commercial with Vander Scouts with a media company last thursday. Thanks xin if you're reading hehe.
VANDER SCOUTS ON SET.
Basically Vander Scouts is a military band that consists mostly of band alumni from Bowen Sec etc.
The actual advert is relatively short but ohmygoodness there was SO MUCH WORK INVOLVED JUST FOR THAT 15 SECONDS.
The entire shoot took about 7 hours to film and mind you, we started at 6am.
I'm not too sure if I can talk openly about the commercial cause you never know about legal shit this days so I won't until... it comes out?
Hahah basically it was an experience of a "lifetime" and I guess I got a taste of the media life. Thinking about it now, I'm pretty fortunate to have such opportunities with the media and all especially because of band. The last time I was on TV it was for an episode on OKTO lol.
It's been such a long time since I touched my flag and I'm seriously amazed by myself as to how I survived SYF 2012.
All those tosses are some scary shit man.
I really don't know how I did it.
Mmmm what's a busy week without cooking up a storm yes?
Made Focaccia with tomatoes and basil after watching Jamie Oliver's video on You Tube more than 10 times.
It was pretty good for a first attempt if I may say so myself :p
Anyway it was nice to finally use some leaves out of my little basil plant!
But now I've to wait for it to grow before harvesting again.
Focaccia!
As for yesterday and today, I made some decadent Cheesecake Brownies!
The chocolatey cheesecake version.
Glad to have them very successful this time round!
Got the opportunity to teach a class of about 26 youths and kids today how to make them and I realise it's actually really cool to conduct a baking class heh.
I love it!
Feeling very blessed to have been given the opportunity to teach what I love. (:
Creamcheese brownies are just decadent, rich and sinfully yummy.
There used to be a shop at Sim Lim Square/Centre that sells the best brownies but they moved and my uncle wasn't able to find them again. I was devastated and was left unsatisfied for a very long time with all the brownies that I've eaten after that.
Until now, when I think I've come pretty pretty pretty close to what the shop sold.
:))
Alrighty that's all for today, it's a looooong post but I hope it makes up for my disappearing act.
STAY INDOORS WHEN IT'S TOO HOT OUTSIDE.
AND STAY HYDRATED!!!! but try not to do that with some overpriced fancy bottle of Raspberry Peach Juice.