02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Things my mum and I can never agree upon: 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Things my mum and I can never agree upon:

34 1. Use of kitchen.

My mum forbids me to go near the stove.
Which is very very frustrating for me given that I spend hours watching Sortedfood on Youtube.

The strange thing is that she allows me to use the oven but not the stove for the fear that I will mess up the stove and dirty everything.

It's a problem.

Her obsession (and i am using this term seriously) with cleanliness has recently escaleted to an all new high.

Don't be mistaken, i do make sure i clean  up and wipe down everything within my vicnity after I cook but my level of cleaniness is apparently inferior to hers because she will come round to the kitchen and literally take a swipe off the kitchen counter with her finger and inspect it for God knows what oil is left and then yell at me.

To be completely fair, she doesn't really yell right away but she huffs and puffs and starts scrubbing away at everything that i've cleaned and of course gets very frustrated and impatient in the end.

She calls it "slavery". 
I call it "self imposed torture". 

Needless to say, we all know she wins every time because she owns the house and i'm just a free loader.

But I do make a very valid point when i say that her stubborness will be the core reason why i am a bad chef in future.

Which may or may not directly impact her since one day she will grow old and she will have to eat the stuff i make.

See? How am i supposed to be a good cook if i'm not allowed to use the stove at home? 

The alternative solution i've came up  with for the sake of my future (and survival), would be to crash my Grandma's kitchen. Which sounds like a very legit plan right now.

2. Whether my sis is still a kid or a teen.

My mum thinks that my sister is still a baby. The problem? My sis thinks that she herself is one too.

Being the middle child, I kinda taught myself many things as I grew through my tween and then teen years.
My parents were busy either fussing over the younger sister or frowning over my older brother's foolish misacts in school. So i learnt from a young age to do things myself.

For instance, I learnt the hard way that bullying isn't acceptable and you don't deserve to be bullied. And that you can actually complain when someone demands for money from you for nothing. 
Or I learnt that running and consistent exercise actually keeps cramps at bay during the time of the month. 
Other things i've learnt on my own include "how to and not to be an awful friend" (i've been both unfortunately) as well as "how to and why you should respect your body and not let anyone else ruin it or tell you otherwise". 

These lessons learnt are stuff that I have been through myself so of course I kinda expected my sis to handle them herself as well.
Except that no, my mum makes her come to me for EVERYTHING.

Really. I've done things like talking to her classmates and telling them to piss off when they were being nasty to her.

Sure i think this is inevitable and part of an older sister's duty to take care of the younger one but there are limits and things that she should really just do on her own.

From 'how to makeup' to econs qns to how to pack for camps yadayadayada the list goes on and on and on.

What really ticks me off at times however are things like 'i dont know how to wash the dishes' or 'i dont know how to order the food' and my mum lets her off and have me do whatever it is instead.

To which i'm just like hold up.
You are 17 and you're telling me you don't know how to wash a bowl??

There is a point when 'i dont know' becomes ignorance and then excuses.
This is one of it.

Of course my mum leaves me to be the "eductor" for my sis so my sis thinks that i'm relatively fiercer than my mum. 

Thing is i suppose my mum thinks of my sis as a kid whereas for me, i just wonder how she gets away with "not knowing how to wash the dishes" at 17 years of age.

I'll never know.
But i'll never quite agree with my mum as to the maturity and responsibilities that my sis should have at her age.
 
Alright that's all I have for 'things i do not agree with my mum' today. Haha dont get me wrong i love my mum it's just that we all have these clashes from time to time and we can't do anything but suck it up.
So here's my way of dealing with her weird habits- ranting about it to the virutal world.

Hopefully someone out here can relate to this hahaha. Bye.
35 36 37 38