34
I've been dancing lately and it feels really good.
As i've mentioned before in previous blog entries, i'll be performing for STEP's recital in July.
I'm very glad to be chosen among those who auditioned for the contemporary segment and glad to have another chance to be on stage again.
It's almost like Rapture, except this time round it is less stressful and more enjoyable I guess?
Hahaha not that Rapture was bad or anything, but the trainings were almost brutal at times.
Also, I guess the fact that we auditioned and stuff for this recital means that it is kind of a big deal for us and we WANT to be there.
Practice was honestly as demanding as it was for Rapture in terms of the physical strength that is needed. Although I still have most of the flexibility that I had during Rapture period, I have lost quite a bit of strength in my core, quads and calves. Time to get those muscles back!
Ever since I was young, I've been exposed to various forms of art and mediums of expression. From learning the piano to chinese orchestra to painting and drawing classes... But as I grew older, I found solace in words and language became my thing. And it has been for quite sometime now as you can tell from my blog haha. But lately (these few months) I've been starting to feel as if words aren't quite enough. Perhaps it is because I'm no longer in SA and getting mindblown by poems and short stories in Literature Class or something, but whatever it is, I needed an additional medium of expression.
Which I found was dance.
Lyrical Contemporary especially.
I did Asian Contemporary back in SA and it was amazing and beautifully gruelling but I couldn't quite relate to it. I can't quite translate the movements into meaning in my head so I knew it's not something I can rely for my personal expression.
For lyrical contemporary, I get to bring words to life through my body and movements which is a perfect marriage for the things I love- words and dance.
Yeah, I'll update this little space once I got my words coming along again.
For now I feel wonderfully sore and achy.
The happy I-just-worked-out way.
Cheers to getting fit and double pirouettes again.
ciao!
P.S I'm finding guilty pleasure on Ask.fm and Lip Sync Battle recently.
lip sync battle is hilarious.