02
03" People grow and people change, and maybe you guys aren't as compatible as you were before.
That being said, it doesn't mean you won't ever get back together years from now. But when that happens, you would want to be the best version of yourself and he should be the best of himself.
You may dismiss the idea of dating another guy anytime soon, but hear me out that the best way to find the love of your life (in future) is to love your life and to love yourself first.
Work on caring for yourself and tending to your own needs, be it spiritual, physical or emotional. Learn how to fend for yourself before you fend for another. That's what I've been doing and it feels GREAT. I promise you that it will get better. It may take months, even years, but it will, really, if you promise to try.
Learn to love yourself before learning to love another. I'm not closing doors on the idea of a new love but I am drawing a barrier and will need any potential lover to patiently queue and wait for me to get myself ready. For when I next love a person, I want to be able to truly commit and truly be myself as we grow together and share each other's happiness and pain rather than co-depend on each other for joy. The best love I believe, is when two people appreciate each other's quirks rather than tolerate each other. It isn't about two halves coming together to form one but two wholes coming together to form a bigger one. "
Dear Future Lover,
I do not know your whereabouts or what the colour of your eyes are right now, but I promise that I will study them when I get to. I know not of your favourite cereal in the morning (or if you even like cereal for that matter) but I will make you breakfast and have your tummy happy.
There may be days when I get a little hysterical, maybe even unreasonable, and I apologise for them now. I am sorry, here is a kiss.
I do not know if you have palms that will turn sweaty when you meet my parents for the very first time but I do know that when the years run by and our palms turn dry and wrinkly, I will still try to reach to hold your hand.
Dear future lover, I know not if you are fast asleep or wide awake across the world, but I need to go to sleep.
And until we meet and fall in love, I promise to be working to be the best I can be.
With love,
Han.
Labels: love
35 36 37 38