I've made it a point to write every day ever since I read Jemma Wei's blog and I quote her:
"I try to get at least three to four hours of solid writing done a day. Whether it’s articles for my blog, or freewriting, or fiction."
I'm in absolute awe of her flair for writing and figured that the best way to improve my writing is to be consistently reading and writing.
There's really no other way around it.
Although i've made my mind to do so, the other issue comes up- what am I going to write about?
I usually just ramble over here or blog whenever I have something to rant/vent/talk about but if I am going to be writing every day, I need something more reliable than my own emotions.
Do you guys have anything you want me to discuss/write about?
Do help Han over here and let me know, thanks in advance xx.
I received my rejection letter from NUS yesterday night.
well, it wasn't exactly the best feeling to get that letter so I tossed it into the recycling bin where it can redeem itself and become something more useful and likeable.
After doing so, I received a notice from the president of one of the hall dance clubs to go down for an audition next week.
I've already submitted my portfolio to them a few months back yet I was still hesitant as to whether I should or should not continue dancing in university.
The thing is, whatever I choose to do in uni is going to have SOME (if not quite a lot) of impact on what I'm doing in future.
If I am going to choose to dance in uni, perhaps I will be dancing even after I graduate from the school.
But do I really want to do so?
Dancing is a commitment.
Both physically and mentally.
If I want to truly excel or be in the writing/media industry or have my own cafe in future, maybe it would be better if I wrote a paper for the school or dabble in these fields instead while I'm in university.
And then there's the other side of me that wonders at what it would be like if I joined the sports team. If I stepped down from the stage that I have been on since I was 7.
What would life off stage and on the field/court be like?
Whatever it is, I took a deep breath and rejected the offer to audition.
Auditioning would have been staying in my comfort zone.
I am still contemplating what I am going to do, and for all I know maybe I would still join another hall's dance team eventually, but at least I am giving myself the room to explore.
After all this is the last chance I really have to dabble in new things.
That being said, I went for street jazz dance class with xin yesterday.
It was our first time having the class over at Step's but man was it fun!
It was a lot more swaggy than what I'm used to but it was great.
Think that going for open classes has helped me improve quite a bit over the last few months and at least I can catch the steps at a faster pace now.
Yay to improvement!
Really excited for the upcoming recital in July.
Tickets are officially sold out!
Thankyou to whoever who bought the tixs and are coming down ^__^
will do a great show for you guys!