This has to be the most happening week of 2015 thus far.
I heard Gentlebones sing LIVE from the FRONT ROW of the stage at ClarkeQuay.
I need to pause for a moment.
This sounds like an absolute fan girl moment, (I guess it partially is)
but you have to understand where I am coming from.
A few months ago, back in August 2014 (i think)
Gentlebones came down to SA for a surprise performance.
and he killed it.
I was just blown away by his music while seated about 17 rows away from the stage.
The first song I heard from Gentlebones was "Until We Die" and then "Elusive".
I don't quite know how to put it into words how much his songs meant,
but it brought me through the toughest bits of JC 2 life.
Joel, the vocalist in Gentlebones said that he wrote the song "Until we die" when he was preparing for his A level examinations. And the song spoke about holding out till the very end, during the very most stressful period before the big As.
I resonated well with it.
The song was on my "most played" playlist simply because I had it on repeat whether it was while pounding my head over math sums or while commuting home after class.
Then there was "Elusive", which got me through heartache.
Or at least it allowed me to make better sense of a situation that made no sense to me.
But enough of my admiration towards his music and back to WHAT WENT DOWN YESTERDAY.
Gigi and I managed to get to the front row (we went early), right smack in the centre of the stage.
Some other Aussie indie band was playing up there but we couldn't really make out what he was singing so we just y'know enjoyed the blaring music (there were multiple speakers so that was expected I guess).
I was jumping up and down for Gentlebones to get on stage though so I couldn't quite appreciate the band on stage, sorry guys.
But they were talented and y'know as hipsterish cool as all these indie musicians are.
And then one hour later,
GENTLEBONES CAME ON STAGE.
I feel like a horrible person for not having better photos of him but please understand the state that I was in having him just one metre away from me singing all these beautiful songs.
If you ignore the fact that there were hundreds of people around us,
he was basically serenading me with his guitar okay.
So he sang the songs that I've mentioned above as well as "Settle Down" and "Lost".
While he was singing through the second and third song I believe,
HE SMILED AT ME.
I kid you not.
He was singing and he smiled right at me,
eye to eye, smile to smile.
(there isn't actually such a thing as smile to smile but you get me)
Maybe it was because I'm literally right in front of him and knew all the words to his song (Settle Down) because ah-hem, dance.
But oh man, that was a moment.
Anyway he sang and I was already left in a state of euphoria as he finished his last song,
but THEN, someone announced that we can meet him at the side of the stage for a "meet and greet".
The last time he came to SA, it was before he debuted and before he signed with Universal Music.
So back then months ago, I thought I had missed my chance in ever getting to talk to him or an autograph or anything for that matter.
AND THEN THIS HAPPENED:
Hi, can i have a picture with you please? Great show just now!!!
Oh my goodness.
I told him I heard him while in SA and had a 10 second conversation with him although he's probably seen plenty more girls like me going gaga over him.
But he was genuinely appreciative for us turning up for his show and that was nice.
I'm not one of those hardcore fan girls (yes i'm not)
but I do appreciate good music and local talents.
Just wanted to compliment him in person and thank him for great music.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
Ok and then while we were waiting for Gentlebones to set up, we spotted this cute hot drummer on stage.
(gigi's obsessed with him)
I've to admit though, his swag level is off the charts.
Thank me later girls, but here's the drummer for Gentlebones, Ritz.
Who's gonna miss a picture with a badass armcandy???
Ah, so that was yesterday.
I had a great time hanging out with Gigi too, whom I haven't talked to in ages!
On a side note, Swissbake has a really good yogurt and muesli cup, you guys should try it out.
That's all from me tonight, I've to go pack my room which is still in a mess with clothes littered all over.
A few more photos for your eyes to view (although i'm really quite sorry for the quality of them).