02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Things I learnt after watching my 13 year old self grow for 6 years 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Things I learnt after watching my 13 year old self grow for 6 years

34 Yesterday night, Nise blatantly told me that she was stalking my blog.
I.e reading through all the entries in 2014 which she had missed.

So this morning I woke up and went online to browse through those old entries of mine and needless to say I cringed all the way from 2009 to possibly 2011.
Actually make that all the way till 2012.

Reading through my old entries made me realise how much i've grown and changed as an individual, from a obnoxious rude little brat to well, I would like to think that I'm a decent, a lot more quiet but still opinionated young lady now.

I compiled a list of things that I've learnt from reading the blog posts that 13 year old Hanjing wrote all the way till I turned 19.

Things I learnt after watching my 13 year old self grow to become 19.

1. Crude words aren't classy.

Nor will they get you anywhere in life, really. The number of times I swore in a blogpost six years ago is highly disturbing right now, and I have to say I am embarrassed by it. Thankfully the swearing has toned down a lot more in the last 2 years and am glad to say that I haven't cursed for the past one year or so (other than one or two slips of the tongue) and no, it hasn't appeared on this blog for as long as I can remember. 

2. I've always been a thinker.

Now this's news to me because I have always thought that the whole "deep thinking" thing only started somehow later in life, maybe when I was 17. But after reading through the entries, I figured that there were bits and pieces of "deep thoughts" and questions scattered throughout the entries, although inconsistently.

3. I spent way too much time on boys.

This realisation got me shaking my head with my hands on my face. There is so much more to life than boys and fluttering butterflies in my stomach but oh hey, home girl didn't quite learn that until much later in life.
Sure I can laugh at myself now but of course there is a tinge of bitterness as to why I didn't learn or come to this realisation earlier.

Then again I believe that everything happens for a reason (it remains a personal debate as to whether the reason is silly or logical) and maybe I just needed a longer time to learn these lessons.

4. I've always had a thing for writing.
And it has grown over the past 6 years and has never faltered.



35 36 37 38