02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: MOVING IN TO THE ADULT LIFE real soon (too soon). 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

MOVING IN TO THE ADULT LIFE real soon (too soon).

34
C. A. K. E
Hi.
So I'm finally back here with a cake.
Hopped over to my grandma's place and baked this lovely 6 layered chocolate cake with my aunt today.
And of course i got to savour the best crepes and fried rice in the world by my popo.

I realised (last week or so) that I don't really have much time left with my family and friends before I move to the west :(

Sure it's true that I will be back on weekends and such, and there's the phone and blah blah but I've seen my seniors disappear for months once they enter NTU, and that kinda sucked.

Perhaps it's because I've been lazing about or chilling at home for the past 8 months or so, I'm really enjoying my chill time and have gotten used to "staying in" and being around family and friends I guess.

It sounds absurd coming from me since I love to travel and explore new places but as I grew up Home kinda took a special place in my heart. As of right now I feel a little homesick even before I get my hands on the key to my dorm. Haha, how silly.

Maybe I just don't really like to deal with huge plateau changes in my life, life's been good so far this year, I don't want anything to change.

The strange thing is that I've actually been really looking forward to starting University just a month ago. I'm still quite stoked to learn new things especially since it's a course that I am genuinely interested in (aka no math) but maybe it's just normal freshie fear kicking in.

 I've been kinda just brushing it off, keeping happy thoughts and being excited about moving in with Nise but today's just unnerving since hall application results are out and when my dad clicked "confirm" to make payment for my stay, there was a legit moment when I PAUSED and hesitated.

"The magic happens out of your comfort zone."

This has been the philosophy of my life thus far and y'know since I'm going to movie in, I might as well do so with a hyped up, optimistic attitude. *inserts big grin*

I've heard about how uni life can be the best times of a person's life, I'm glad to be able to experience it.

Away with fears!

Hahaha, pep talk for myself and for you too if you're feeling a little apprehensive and nerved up like me.

Just a quick update on what I've been up to lately:

USS with my homies.
Got the season pass to USS and went on the rides with the secondary school classmates!
I love how we are all back together now that we're all (almost) grown up.
From knowing each other when we were little 13 year olds, to making bad decisions, to making better ones to eventually laughing at all our past little mishaps now.

I call them mishaps because I don't think that any of it were mistakes, no matter how silly it might have been. Could we have done better? Yeah of course, but if we didn't make those immature decisions back then, we wouldn't have that interesting of a "teenage-hood" to laugh about now.

I love y'all :')



Headed down to find Mari in her school as well, and we caught up over dinner which was a really good salad but obviously not satisfying for the sweet tooth in me because we got icecream and waffles after that.

It's been a loooong while since I met this girl, but I'm glad to talk to her again and keep her company while she's in the new school and all.

The thing about friendships is that it really takes two parties to make an effort to maintain and keep it.
Could have drifted away from her but that wouldn't have made sense since she was pretty much there for the bulk of my school life in SA.

Things will get better, Mari! (:

Poached egg and avocado on toast

Been cooking quite a bit recently, or rather trying to find ways to cook with only an oven and microwave in preparation for the hall life.

I NEED TO EAT A PROPER BREAKFAST EVERYDAY BEFORE CLASS.

mark my words and I hope I will not be the one running out of the door with a granola bar in hand.

That's all for now, thanks for dropping by!

love, han.

35 36 37 38