02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: a letter written by a daughter for her mother from her father. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

a letter written by a daughter for her mother from her father.

34 prologue: this is a letter that i've written from the perspective of my dad for my mum.
                 a gift to my parents.
                 for teaching me what is love from when I first existed.


A letter to my wife:

When the tough gets going and the going gets tough, I will carry you on my shoulders through it all.

When the doctor calls, and your heart palpitates, I will drive you there and sit through the long hours with you. And when you step out of the room with your medical report clutched tightly in your hands, I will smile because everything will be okay and these arms of mine will find their way around your shoulder- i'll hold you tight.

For after Father and Mother left me one by one, all I am left with is you; my dear wife, the one whom I won 22 years ago, not because I was great but because you were.
And our three kids whom have suddenly started paying for our meals with crumpled dollar bills from their wallets. Wasn't it just last week that we were still coaxing them to hold their spoons correctly and restraining them from stuffing their faces with candies? Funny how time flies by.

Our children have grown, and our love has too, bit by bit. From the tougher times when money was tight to the days when it got squandered away by a irresponsible boss and you got mad at me for being too kind, too gullible. Thank you for sticking by through these prickly parts of life, for being the 'bad guy' when handling the kids, for being the one I am growing old with.

Thank you for being my best friend, my accomplice, my love, my constant.

Yours.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38