34
Having one of those days when I wake up and the sun is shining brightly, and i'm just oozing with happiness and I just want to hug everybody and dance!
Is this what it feels like to be a unicorn?
I haven't felt so good in a long while, but when I woke up this morning, an hour before my alarm clock rang, and I realised it was Saturday, I didn't whine or moan about my body clock depriving me of sleep.
Rather, I rolled around in bed for a bit, thought about what I should eat for breakfast and pranced out of bed.
Yes, pranced.
Also, I decided then and there that I should start making effort to stick to my New Year resolutions for 2015- one of which was to be healthy, and the other to be focused and commit to whatever I am doing.
That means, no watching of youtube videos while mindlessly eating my meals.
So i did that.
And man, being able to turn away from my laptop and social media actually felt really good.
I felt like I have control over my world again.
Post-breakfast,
my spotify playlist was going on; Smells like summer was playing.
I don't quite know how to put it into words but there was this certain ambience in the room then and there that was pretty darn amazing.
Perhaps it was because I haven't actually brought myself out in quite awhile- a date with myself as I would like to call it.
Whatever it was, I was looking through my closet and deciding what to wear when the chorus came on, I got into a little dance and took out the new maxi dress and slipped it on.
Today was one of Those days. Y'know, Those days when you look into the mirror and you forgive every flaw you see, or heck maybe you don't see them at all. It's one of those days when there's a spring in your step and the bread tastes fresher even though today's date is printed right under "Best-before". Today's those days when EVERYTHING is just RIGHT.
The last time I felt this was perhaps when I was in (what I presume was), love.
And now that I think about it, maybe I am in love.
I am in love with life, I was at least in love with life today.
Doesn't matter if it's just for a day, it felt incredible.
Perhaps it was because my scheduler has nothing written underneath Saturday, today.
No planned assignments, no essays to catch up on, nothing.
It was blank, white, as white as what I imagine christmas to be in New York City.
I love it.
And although I know at the back of my head that all the days ahead are going to be jam packed with work, work and more work, it's nice to take a breather.
I haven't had a breather for a while.
It's nice to breathe and smile and love life again.
Earth Festival was great.
It wasn't exactly as how I imagined it to be but it was great, in a different way.
There were puppies up for adoption (they were adoraaaable!!!!!!), booths selling refashioned garments, and tons and tons of healthy superfoods- think acai berries, chia seeds, museli, and GUILT-FREE DESSERTS.
I had ice-cream there from Brownice and ohmygoodness, that was the best icecream I have ever had.
Not because it tasted extraordinary- it was great but i would have it on par with Ben&Jerry's speculoos icecream- but because besides from tasting GREAT, it had No refined sugar, No Dairy and was actually HEALTHY.
Talk about guilt-free indulgence here.
Mad love.
Also, I got to try Fill-a-pita out, which is a middle-eastern cafe serving vegetarian dishes and it was yumz. Will probably head down to the actual cafe one of these days to nomnom.
Oh and i'm gonna try growing basil again. I got some new seedlings from Edible Garden City. Hopefully I can keep them alive this time round???
Got to talk to a few people around the festival earlier today and scored myself a paper bag full of cacao butter heh.
If there's one thing I learnt from my 19 years on earth, it's that giving your brightest/sweetest smile (with teeth) can actually get you some bonuses.
MAKE USE OF IT.
hahaha, jk.
But i mean, no harm done if you brighten someone's day and they decide to reward you with a little something right? Heh.
And in the spirit of my "IT'S ALL RAINBOWS AND FLYING UNICORNS" mood today, I made a little video thingy. It's pretty low quality so please pardon that- it's my first attempt editing using my macbook and it was an impromptu idea to make this vid so there isn't much footage either.
OKAY, here's my unicorn-ish Saturday.
I hope you had a sunny-yellow day too, and if you didn't, don't worry, there's always tomorrow.
^___^