02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Thank you, daddy, 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Thank you, daddy,

34 Daddy drove me back to ntu today from tampines, and there's this surge of overwhelming gratitude and appreciation in me for him.

I've always been an independent kid, some call it the middle child syndrome, but whatever it is, I've always sought to be self sufficient. Daddy and Mummy brought me up this way.

So I've always tried to go everywhere on my own, and not trouble my parents if i can.

It was 9.30pm when we were at tampines.
I could go back on my own, I told him while we were passing by our house.
And I could hear him hesitate a moment,
"you want to go back by yourself?".

He's been staying up late to work lately, especially since our house is undergoing some massive renovation. He has to supervise the house in the day and slog off his work at night in the make-shift office we have in the house right now. I could sense the fatigue in his voice; the aching muscles, the desire to sink into the mattress.

But after a split-second pause, he said in a decided tone of unspoken love and affection,
"nah it's fine, i'll send you back."

And in that moment,
I really wanted to reach out and hug him but then I thought maybe that would shock him and I think it's probably life-threatening for both of us if I did.

So I didn't.

But i did make a promise to myself, and then to him, that I will learn driving when I'm in year 2 of university.

I'll learn driving so I can bring him and mummy out on ice-cream dates to cafes at night after they are done busying.

Until then, it's time to save up for the driving fees.

Thank you, daddy.

love, han.

Labels:

35 36 37 38