02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: update// mid-week! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

update// mid-week!

34
"The magic happens right outside of your comfort zone."

That has been my mantra ever since 2015 started.

So when university started, I wanted to keep to it and sure enough, I went ahead and jumped into things that I never really dabbled in before.

There was pageant, followed by my decision to not stick to dancing and to join sports instead.
As much as i would consider myself marginally athletic since i've been physically active all my life, joining sports was actually quite intimidating.

I guess maybe it's because I don't really have any idea how trainings are like in the sports (for the lack of better word) world, and if you guys don't know yet, I've a massive massive massive fear of balls flying into my face.

Have/had.

I guess maybe more of "had" now, since tossing and catching flags back in military band kinda trained my uhm reflexes... (?)

Basically tossing flags which can possibly give you a concussion gave me less reason to be fearful of flying balls.

Am currently learning a bit of volleyball and I joined the school's touch rugby team as well although they haven't started training yet.

Oh right one more thing, I bit the bullet and went to audition for my hall's production which is a musical.

Yeap, me and musicals-
and acting.

The thing is i've been in the performing arts since I was ehh, 7?
I've been on the stage performing to crowds for 12 years already.

But during these 12 years on stage, I've never strayed too far from being myself.
Whether it's through piano pieces or dance or even band displays, it has never been an act.
When there's a need for me to exude certain emotions or characters, I simply took out that particular trait from within and displayed it.

It's as if all the little roles/characters have always been within me, the vogue han, the sad han, the really happy han- stuff like that.

Apparently I can't take on a full role of someone else- or a character that differs so drastically from me.

In other words, I can't act.

So during the auditions for hall prod, I think I did flounder quite a bit when trying out the different roles. Luckily, there was one particular character that I could resonate with and therefore portray, i think.

Am pretty excited to be working with the rest of the team! It's always been amazing to watch theatrics come to live on stage and i've always wanted to know what a cast would have to go through/how the production works and stuff.

#learningnewstuffalldayeveryday

Also, I'm done with my two presentations!!!!
I've been slogging my ass off for both presentations that went down today.

Time to churn out that 2000 word essay.
but yay to productive days like these (:

Happy mid week folks.

love, han. 35 36 37 38