02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: 2015 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

2015

34


Jan: Experienced working for Shu Uemura and realised that having a full face of makeup and selling over priced tubes of chemicals isn't my thing after all. Went on to sell laptops at an IT fair and realised that selling gadgets I never understood actually pays a lot more. Also, it doesn't hurt that I finally know the diff between HDD, SSD and graphic cards.

Feb: Taught math tuition for the first time at a tuition centre and realised that I have 100 problems and math is 99 of them. ( I refuse to have a picture of math sums in my collage )

March: I turned 19! Got a lovely surprise from Mad and Linnet as well as good dinner with the secondary school mates (I would say clique but I hate the word so ugh I'm still looking for a proper word)

April: A -level results ha-ha-ha. Filmed a commercial with the band alumni. FIRST TRIP WITH FRIENDS TO BATAM! Stayed over at Sharon's place and experienced true local life of an Indonesian.

May: Splurged on a hair cut and finally went short! I've concluded that short hair is rather hard to maintain and growing it out is a painful process, that being said, it's nice for a change.

June: First trip to another continent!!!! Australia was nothing short of amazing, stayed with the locals so that made it 10x better. I love picking strawberries and popping them right into my mouth.

July: First dance recital at Step's studio with a bunch of amazing talented people. Also, witnessed Donovan, Brendan and Julian's POP!

August: Moved into NTU with Denise and started living independently. Well, I learnt that living on my own means that there will be no clean skirts for school unless I bother to do my own laundry and I will go hungry if I do not actually get up and cook my own meals. Living in hall really taught me to be responsible for myself and that no one will be there to spoon feed me anymore. Kind of like a first taste of adulthood.

September: Participated in Hall fiesta although now that I think about it, it was all for fun and making friends- there isn't really a valid point in having fancy pageant contests. I mean, getting judged based on your figure and appearance for a title is as shallow as it can get right? I guess the competition part doesn't make any sense, but for the experience of socialising, dancing with a partner, photoshoots and post-pageant pizza sessions? Those made plenty of sense ^_^

October: We had a major renovation in the house so I stayed at my Grandma's for about 2 weeks? Don't think we will ever be having such a renovation in the house again, it's too much of a hassle! That being said, I love the fact that my sister and I have our own bathroom now.

November: FINALLLLLSSSS was intense. Not as intense as A levels in my opinion, but still pretty intense in terms of competition. I made a huge rant on Facebook about the education system in Singapore that I suppose made quite a lot of sense but not enough for the ministry to do something about it. 

December: It's the holidays!!!!! Travelled to Taiwan and then to Melaka as well as toured a bit around Singapore. After travelling to so many countries, and being away from home for so long, I realised that I really adore Singapore and the little things that I used to take for granted. For instance, clean and perfumed public toilets. And also the fact that Singapore is so small it takes almost no time at all to get from one place to another. I'm not going to complain about travelling to NTU anymore. My ass hurts from 4 hour bus rides when I was in Taiwan and M'sia.
2015 was definitely a year of Firsts.

There were plenty of experiences which were definitely out of my comfort zone, but I stepped out of it and it felt great.

Many things have changed but most are for the better so that's gooooood.

Will be counting down with the secondary school friends tonight, so I'll probably post my new year resolutions another day/pen it down on paper.

To all of you who are reading this, thank you for taking your time to read my mediocre writing. It means a lot to know that there are actually humans who will read my writing and spurs me on to dream that one day perhaps I can actually write for a living- in a traditional media or even online.

Until then, have a good day and have a happy new year.

2016, new year, and gold image
35 36 37 38