02 03 Seeing life from the other end.: Ramble: new favourite youtuber Peaceful cuisine 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Ramble: new favourite youtuber Peaceful cuisine

34 My sis introduced me to a new youtuber the other day and I immediately fell in love.

He's a Japanese vegan that films recipe videos as well as his own DIY creations that he uses to decorate his house.

Ever since I went to Japan, Nagoya to be exact a few years back, I've developed a true admiration for Japan as a country, its people and its culture.
Perhaps it is because they are really polite/ thoughtful towards others - not just towards people but to their environment as well.

Although there are negative traits in its culture that do not appeal to me (the killing of dolphins for instance) and the fact that the concept of vegetarianism doesn't exist for most, I still harbour deep admiration for the Japanese society.




I chanced upon this video while looking through Peaceful cuisine's channel, and I'm not sure if you realised but Japanese people tend to pause between their sentences or before they speak. These pauses are actually for them to process their thoughts and for them to form coherent words before they speak their mind.

Isn't it amazing that they truly think before they speak?
And it's a trait that you can observe just through their daily conversations.

I learnt about speech patterns in my Communication Around Cultural Contexts module last semester, and wow it is quite amazing to see what you've learnt concretise in the real world.



One of my favourite type of films by him has to be the ones in which he cooks.

He actually posted two versions of the same video, one with and one without music accompanying it.
I thought it was a mistake/error at first, but after watching both of it I realised how much of a genius he was.

In the cooking films without music, you can hear every scrape of the knife against the wooden chopping board, every drip of oil into the vinaigrette, every "crrk" of the knife hitting the hollow crust of freshly baked bread.

And there is something oddly satisfying about hearing those sounds.

It is as if you are present with him throughout the cooking process.
It's amazing.


Also, I love his minimalistic and earthy style.

I think his vibe is one that truly resonates and rubs off me.
I've spent quite a bit of time lately wondering what my vibe is.

Vibe rather than style because they may be similar but I don't think that they are congruent.
The term style gives off a rather shallow and superficial sense since it revolves mainly around material artifacts.
But vibe i think, is something much more than mere style. Vibe reflects a part of who you are as a person, rather than pure stylistic taste.


I've always been one of those kids with a more peculiar "style" if you would call it- I'm seldom on trend and if anything, I suppose people would classify me as a bohemian.

That being said, I don't think I do fulfills what it takes to be a "boho". I simply like earthy things, flowers and metal parts.
If anything, I think that my vibe simply comes off from the fact that I love nature and I like to keep things to a minimum because why take so much when you need so little?

I don't really get what's the point of me writing this out, but it's just me talking out loud again.


It is the first day of 2016 and I've woken up in bad shape because I stayed up too late last night, but it was nice catching up and counting down with my friends.

I'm still figuring my newyear resolutions out.

Talk to you guys soon.

Love, han. 35 36 37 38