34
I've had trouble sleeping lately.
Or so I thought, until I googled about brain waves and our sleep cycle.
Apparently (I think), I just get stuck at stage 1 of the sleep cycle for a longer period of time as compared to others.
"When we are preparing to drift off, we go though Alpha and Theta, and have periods of dreaminess, almost like daydreaming, except we are beginning to fall asleep. These are interesting states, in that we experience them throughout the day and some people may have more of these waves than others." http://psychcentral.com/lib/stages-of-sleep/
Interesting.
I've been listening to "White Noise" on Spotify to try to induce sleep as well.
So far it worked thrice, but it didn't work earlier on today when I was trying to take a nap so, hm not too sure about that.
I'm not quite sure how to put "white noise" in words except that it's... buzzing noise that is supposed to somehow calm you down.
I've about 7 weeks left in hall for the semester, so I guess that means 7 more weeks till I get to sink into my fluffy bed for good.
I cannot stress enough how sleep is so very important for us.
It sounds like a waste of time, but having an adequate amount of sleep makes us THAT much more efficient when we're awake, we get more things done faster.
Just go google about it if you don't trust me.
I'm in the midst of trying to train my brain to sleep asap when it hits the pillow.
I'll tell you guys when I successfully manage to.
But for now,
white noise, eye masks, deep breathing and a silent room seems to help.